Today’s companies need excellent content to engage customers and build authority. Unfortunately, it can cost a lot of money to hire full time marketing professionals for your departments. Using website content writing services helps ensure that you get the high quality content you need without hiring full-time employees.
Types of Website Content Writing Services
Website content writing services often produce a broad range of materials, including:
Landing pages that increase conversions
Social media posts that encourage interaction and drive traffic to websites
Blog posts that establish a company’s authority and improve communication with existing and potential customers
White papers that educate readers about niche topics and solidify the publisher’s reputation as a thought leader in its industry
Case studies that show how a company’s services or products benefit high-profile clients
Product descriptions that help consumers make informed decisions and use search engine optimization strategies to improve page rankings
Comparisons that show the differences between the services and products that companies offer
Content marketing that educates consumers and helps establish an online presence
Popular Goals of Publishing Terrific Website Content
When writers create website content, they often have a specific goal in mind for their clients. How they approach a project will depend on what you want your content to accomplish. Many website content writing services work with clients that want to:
- Use digital marketing to grow their brand and attract a larger following on social media
- Increase conversions by giving readers influential calls to action
- Publish blog writing that keeps readers interested and encourages them to visit the site regularly to explore new content
- Reduce customer service calls by giving people the information they need to use products and services on their own
- Reach the first-page in search engine results so their websites get more traffic
As technology changes, you may find that you need to add new items to your list of goals. Creating content that appeals to search engines and your target audience will always help you reach those goals. As long as you have a reliable website content writing service that keeps up with its members’ needs, you should find that you can reach your goals no matter how the internet changes.
Content Creation Skills Writers Need to Make Your Site Successful
Web content writers need to learn diverse skills before they can produce effective, original content. Many expert writers specialize in niche markets, such as ecommerce, enterprise software, health supplements, or legal topics. Some have full-time jobs in these areas. They use web content writing to earn extra money and grow their reputations within their industries. Others devote themselves to full-time web content writing.
You will find a mixture of industry and writing experts on most website content service platforms. When choosing a writer for your projects, look for someone who can show that they know how to:
Research and use keywords that will make content more visible to search engine crawlers
Identify reliable sources that support the points made in your blog posts and other materials
Organize thoughts and points to make website content easy for readers to understand
Follow the style guide that your website uses
Communicate with you when they have questions about your content creation needs
Meet deadlines and keep your content calendar on track
Write strong meta descriptions that encourage readers to visit your pages
Accept feedback professionally (instead of feeling offended) and incorporate your critiques into revisions
Scripted helps you find the right person for your jobs by letting you browse writer profiles. Profiles include:
- Ratings from other clients
- How many Scripted members have “favorited” the writer
- How often the writer follows guidelines (by percentage)
- Recent writing samples that let show you the person’s ability to match a brand’s voice and create high-quality content
Comparing the Best Website Content Writing Services
Since content plays such an important role in your company’s success, spend some time exploring several website content writing services to decide which one sounds like a good fit for your brand. The following list shows you the pros, cons, and important features that some of the most popular content writing services offer.
Scripted puts an emphasis on giving its members access to professional writers who know how to create content that engages audiences and gets high search engine rankings. The company takes its vetting process seriously, which means that most applicants don’t get accepted as Scripted writers.
Scripted’s Cruise Control membership gives you managed services that include everything you need to build your online following. With Cruise Control, you get a dedicated manager who works with you on every project. You get a team of professional content creators without paying the high price of employing on-site writers, marketing experts, and SEO researchers.
- The Scripted platform lets you build relationships with your favorite writers
- Managed accounts provide everything from SEO research to content creation
- Professional writers with expertise in diverse topics
- Simple ways to locate writers with the experience and skills you need for stellar content
- Cruise Control managed accounts can be expensive, but you get excellent services for your money.
- Cruise Control currently does not offer publishing directly to your blog
Crowd Content excels at quick turnarounds. When you submit a project proposal, a writer will usually pick it up within one minute. If you’re desperate for immediate content, then it makes sense for you to use Crowd Content. Few platforms will get content to you faster.
Speed has its perks, but it also comes with disadvantages. Do you trust a writer to research and produce high-quality content within a few hours?
Crowd Contently Pros
- Impressive turnaround speeds
- An extensive network of content creators
- Bulk content is available
Crowd Contently Cons
- Focusing on speed could have a negative impact on the quality of your content
- You need to supply all of your content ideas instead of getting fresh ideas from writers
Copify specializes in low-cost content that can help you build a website quickly without spending much money. Copify hires writers from all over the world, so you don’t always get a native English speaker to produce your content. While your blog posts and landing pages may attract search engine crawlers, some of the content may not sound natural to people who speak English as their first language.
If you want to create a backlog of posts to make your website seem older than it is, consider using Copify. Once you publish “old” content, though, you should find website content writing services that put quality over quantity.
- Great way to add blog posts to your website without spending much money
- Some writers are not native English speakers, which can lead to unnatural language that could confuse your target audience
Express Writers has been connecting freelance writers and website developers for about a decade. The company specializes in helping clients find plans that match their needs. For example, you can choose to purchase blog posts one at a time, or you can buy a blogging plan that delivers a certain number of posts per week or month.
Express Writers isn’t the most affordable option around, but it has clear pricing that eliminates surprises. Plus, you often get what you pay for.
Express Writers Pros
- Encourages teamwork between writers and project managers
- No membership requirements, so you only pay for the content you need
- Pays its writers well to help ensure quality and consistency
Express Writers Cons
- Ordering a few blog posts can cost more money
Not many content writer services have as many freelance writers as Fiverr. That can work to your advantage, especially if you want to keep your content budget as small as possible. Some writers on Fiverr will create blog posts for as little as $5 - hence, fiverr.
Unfortunately, Fiverr has such a large group of writers because it doesn’t force applicants to take tests for grammar, editing, and SEO knowledge. It’s up to you to choose someone you think can do the job. You’ll save money, but you might not always get the quality you want.
- An extensive network of freelance writers
- Many writers charge low prices for creating content
- You can use filters to find writers based on availability, price, and other factors
- Low prices can mean that you get inconsistent quality
- Fiverr doesn’t do much to vet or promote its writers, so you have to make hiring decisions on your own
ClearVoice uses a concept called teamlancing to bring editors, writers, and other creatives together when they work on your projects. Teamlancing can lead to excellent results, which makes ClearVoice a top website content writing service. You don’t get the advances of the concept, though, unless you sign up for a high-level membership.
How much does a membership cost? ClearVoice forces you to talk to a sales rep before you find out. The lack of transparent pricing is a little concerning.
- Offers dedicated teams for content creation
- The platform has workflow and collaboration features
- Small content orders reportedly have high prices per post
- The platform has powerful features, but it takes a while for new clients to learn how to use them
- Doesn’t offer transparent pricing
Upwork takes a similar approach to content creation as Fiverr. You can use the platform to connect with thousands of freelancers. Upwork, however, puts you in charge of choosing which writers you work with. This can work in your favor when you find a writer willing to do excellent work at reasonable rates. Without oversight, though, you don’t always get the quality you pay for.
- Collaboration features help clients and writers work together
- Bidding from writers can keep project costs low
- You don’t always get the quality you pay for
- Some clients find the user interface confusing
- Fairly high prices for a hands-off platform
Thrive Agency uses a combination of freelance writers and on-site specialists to ensure quality website content writing services. Some of the agency’s services include digital marketing, technical SEO, and social media marketing. You can also get web design services.
If you want a full-service agency, Thrive could work well for you. How much does it cost? That’s a mystery until you submit a proposal request.
Thrive Agency Pros
- Full-service content creation services
- On-site specialists help ensure quality
Thrive Agency Cons
- Doesn’t offer transparent pricing
Verblio has a network of over 3,000 freelance writers with experience writing content for the web. The website content writing service focuses on the needs of marketing agencies and enterprise clients. Small businesses can use Verblio, but it isn’t a very cost-effective option.
While Verblio writers can create a wide range of content, they do not develop social media posts or email campaigns.
- Managed services to ensure success for large clients
- Wide range of content writing options
- Every membership level gets unlimited revisions
- Verblio will not create email campaigns or social media posts for clients
- Not a very cost-effective option for small businesses
ContentWriters has self-service and managed-service plans to meet your website content goals. Self-service plans give you free access to the writing platform, customer support, editing, and plagiarism detection that ensures unique content. Prices start at $99 per piece, so don’t expect to get cheap content even when you manage your own projects.
Managed services cost more, but you get more features and ensured quality. If you want a dedicated team of creatives and managers focused on your web and social media content, you should probably spend more on a managed-service plan.
- Dedicated writing teams for upper-tier clients
- Free platform access
- Quality assurance for managed services
- Self-service plans cost quite a bit considering the amount of effort involved
Get the Website Content Writing Services You Need From Scripted
Are you ready to take your content to the next level? Get started with Scripted to connect with experienced, dedicated writers who know how to exceed your expectations.