SEO content writing has become crucial to business success. If your landing pages, blog posts, and social media updates don't follow SEO strategies that work well, then your content won't show up on the first page of search engine results. Why does that matter so much? Because 75% of people will never scroll beyond that first page. If your content isn't there, very few people will ever see it.
SEO copywriting can make it easier for search engines to locate your pages and posts. Ideally, a higher ranking will lead to higher conversion rates that make increase your revenues. Before that can happen, you need to find an SEO content writer that understands the foundations of strong SEO and enjoys keeping up with new trends.
The Most Important Parts of SEO Content Writing
A lot of thought, research, and creativity go into making an effective strategy for search engine optimization. Search Engine Journal recommends nine key ways writers can create the best SEO content. The tips include:
- Using targeted keywords that will attract the right audience
- Focusing on readability so everyone who visits the content understands what it says
- Creating long-form blog posts that take a deep dive into topics that interest readers
- Adding featured snippets that will tell people what to expect when they visit your pages
- Giving readers facts and linking to sources that improve the content's authority.
Writing for Search Engine Crawlers
Content developers that write with SEO in mind know that they need to plan ahead to include keywords in every piece of content. They also know that they need to avoid keyword stuffing by using an appropriate keyword density.
Content writers can also improve SEO by adding meta descriptions and title tags that help search engine crawlers identify keywords.
Writing for SEO can involve a lot of keyword research. Several free tools make it possible for independent writers to choose keywords that will attract search engine crawlers. The best results, though, come from subscription SEO services like Clearscope.
Since Clearscope and similar services have high membership fees, you won't find many freelance writers who use them. Scripted solves that issue with its Cruise Control memberships. Scripted clients that become Cruise Control members get access to account managers who handle analytics and track your content's performance. That way, writers don't have to pay out of their own pockets for keyword lists that make your content more appealing to search engines.
Writing for a Target Audience
SEO content writing has to balance the needs of search engine crawlers and human readers. Every type of content must offer something that people can use. Depending on your needs, that may include:
- Instructions for how to use your products
- Calls to action that encourage readers to sign up for your services
- Content marketing that compares your products with those from competitors
- Social media posts that tell customers about an upcoming sale
- Blog posts that entertain readers while useful information
If your target audience doesn't like the content you publish, it doesn't matter how well your SEO strategy works. It won't take long before people learn to avoid your website and social media profiles.
The Best SEO and Content Writing Services
Since you need spectacular SEO and content services for your business to thrive, rely on one of these 10 platforms that specialize in connecting companies with expert writers.
Scripted has a platform that makes it extremely simple for you to find SEO content writers with proven records of success. The company vets all writers before letting them create profiles. Over the years, though, it has accumulated a large pack of talented content developers with SEO experience. A search feature will help you narrow your options to writers that excel in your industry.
If you don't want to get too involved with keyword research and KPI tracking, you can sign up for a Cruise Control account that gives you a dedicated account manager. The option lets you outsource your content, marketing, and SEO strategies to professionals. You get terrific results without hiring an on-site team.
- Easy ways to find content writers with the skills and experience you need
- Managed accounts do all of the hard work for you
- Professional writers respond positively to feedback
- Build relationships with your favorite writers to make your content even more successful over time
- Managed Cruise Control accounts come at a high cost - but you get what you pay for.
- If your content credits expire, you might lose them
Verblio's SEO content writing services focus on the needs of agencies and enterprise clients. If you only want a few pieces of content per month, then you should probably go somewhere else. With that said, the platform has over 3,000 freelance writers with SEO experience. They can produce content for:
- Blog posts
- Landing pages
- Video scripts
- White papers
They do not, however, create social media or email campaigns.
- Unlimited revisions for every membership level
- SEO optimization and scheduled publishing available
- Managed services for large clients
- Writers do not create social media posts or email campaigns
- Doesn't meet the needs of most small-scale clients
Contently offers a lot of services that can help you reach your audience and increase conversions. When you join the platform, you get to access a dashboard that lets you track the progress of your campaigns and individual pieces of content. The platform also provides SEO keywords, with insights that include search volume and cost-per-click (CPC).
As of November 2020, Contently has a network with over 160,000 freelancers working in areas like SEO content writing, original research, infographic designs, and print magazines.
- Platform makes it easy to schedule and track projects
- Strong customer support
- Easy options for members and their colleagues to provide feedback
- Lacks filters and tools that would make it easier to find new SEO content writers
The convenience of Contently's comprehensive dashboard comes at a high price
CopyPress provides design and promotional services as well as SEO and content creation. If you want infographics as well as optimized blog posts, it might match your needs. CopyPress can even make animated videos and interactive infographics that will hold the attentions of people who visit your website.
CopyPress has some in-house writers and designers, but most of its SEO content comes from freelancers. Unfortunately, many of their best writers leave after a few months because CopyPress struggles to follow its payment schedule. Some writers say that they've fought for months but never got paid for their work.
- Flexible SEO, content, and design services
- Works with agencies, enterprise clients, and small companies
- Extensive network of freelance content writers
- Late payments force their most professional writers off the platform
- Doesn't offer many options for social media posts
Godot's content writing service can produce anything from ebooks to social media posts. Its SEO writing service promises a dedicated account manager, expert SEO writers, and unlimited revisions.
Godot charges very low prices for writing content. Some of the service's former clients suspect that Godot can charge such low prices because it uses non-native English writers. You can get a fast turnaround on your project, but the SEO strategy tends to forget that the content needs to appeal to readers as well as search engines.
- Low prices for all types of content
- Fast turnaround
- SEO optimization for published blog posts
- Content quality falls short of expectations
- Keyword stuffing is an issue at times
Fiverr has one of the largest pools of freelance workers on the internet. The platform can connect you with a freelancer with experience in everything from graphic design to recording music. Within the writing category, it lists at least 32 sub-topics, including blog posts, website content, and social media copy.
Fiverr can help you find plenty of people with experience writing content for SEO. The platform doesn't vet its writers well, though, so you need to scrutinize profiles and writing samples before you hire someone. Some of the writers charge just $5 for their work. Others charge $100 or more. This can make it difficult for some companies to know whether they're hiring an SEO expert or an inexperienced writer trying to make a few dollars on the side.
- Huge range of services from freelancers all over the world
- Filters to find SEO content writers based on price, availability, and turnaround time
- The platform attracts a lot of freelancers who have little experience writing content for SEO
- Inconsistent quality and little oversight from editors
7) Constant Content
Constant Content promises fast turn-around times for SEO-friendly content. If you want to purchase content immediately, clients can browse the existing library for posts and articles. The library has thousands of articles, so there's a decent chance that you will find something that matches your needs.
The writers at Constant Content feel comfortable tackling diverse projects, including blog posts, landing pages, and social media posts. The platform gives you the option to add images to your content, which might encourage more people to interact with social media posts.
Constant Content has three membership tiers: SMB, Agency, and Enterprise. Whether you need a few pieces of SEO content writing per month for your website or you want thousands of posts for social media profiles, the platform's writers can help.
Constant Content Pros
- Works with clients that have unpredictable publishing schedules
- Extensive network of creatives with SEO experience
- Clients can handpick writers to join their teams
Constant Content Cons
- Doesn't provide transparent pricing for any membership level
- Some membership levels rely on keyword research from clients instead of conducting the research internally
Upwork looks and feels very much like Fiverr. The platform gives you access to thousands of freelancers who specialize in diverse fields from writing to architecture.
When you sign up for an Upwork membership, you get to post jobs to the platform. Freelancers will respond with bids and links to their profiles, where you can learn more about their experience and published work to choose a reliable candidate. The platform even lets you and your freelancer communicate via chat or video calls.
- Excellent collaboration features for clients and SEO content writers
- Offers payment protection
- The bidding process can seem complex and confusing, especially when bombarded with bids from dozens of writers
- Fairly high cost for what the platform offers
- Choosing affordable bids can lead to low-quality content
- User interface that many clients find confusing
9) Crowd Content
Crowd Content puts a heavy emphasis on producing work quickly. According to the company, writers usually claim projects within 60 seconds of getting posted. Considering that the platform has over 6,000 writers, it can probably reach that goal. Writers are expected to produce at least 350 words per hour.
The idea of getting SEO content quickly has its appeal. Unfortunately, you need to specify your topics and target keywords to get such a fast turnaround. The team at Crowd Content won't do that part for you.
Crowd Content Pros
- Amazingly fast turnarounds
- Platform with over 6,000 writers with experience in finance, health, and other topics
- Bulk content writing option available
- Editorial services available at an additional price
Crowd Content Cons
- Clients need to provide their own keyword research
- The emphasis on speed could mean that content doesn't always reach your SEO and marketing goals
10) Creative Circle
Unlike the other SEO content writing services on this list, Creative Circle wants to help you find a permanent writer rather than hire a freelancer for individual projects. It offers access to freelancers, but it often emphasizes introducing you to new team members.
There's nothing wrong with this approach, but you might run into geographical issues. After all, the platform has writers from all over the United States. The person you really want to hire won't always live near your office.
Creative Circle Pros
- Opportunities to hire freelancers and permanent team members
- Content marketing, SEO writing, and other diverse specialties available
- A six-step talent evaluation process to weed out inexperienced SEO content writers
Creative Circle Cons
- Freelancers set their own prices, so you don't know how much you will spend when you join.
- The emphasis on moving freelancers to full-time positions won't meet every client's needs
Try Scripted SEO Content Writing Services
Why take a chance on SEO content writing services that might not get the results you need for success? Get started with Scripted so you can find professional writers with years of experience developing content with high search engine rankings. Whether you want blog posts, social media, website copy, email newsletters, or some help with your overall content strategy, Scripted has an expert that can help you reach your goals.