Scripted Webinar Recap: Integrating External Sources
Drawing on reputable sources is central to producing top-quality content. Our latest webinar offers tips for finding - and incorporating - the strongest sources.
Earlier this week, Editorial Analyst Kate Garklavs covered a topic near and dear to all writers - finding and properly incorporating external information into your writing. If you weren't able to catch the original presentation, you can listen to the recordingright here. And if you'd like a written transcript, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send one right away.
If you're not able to watch the recording right now, you can still review the key takeaways here:
- Why should you reference external sources? To fulfill job guidelines, to support your main points, and to bolster your authorial credibility.
- Each job's Job Details page will state whether you need to include links to sources.
- Reputable sources often display these traits: The author is an expert in their field, the author cites their sources, the piece was peer-reviewed, the piece was published on a trustworthy site (or in a trustworthy publication), and the author is transparent about funding/sponsorship.
- Paraphrasing is often preferable to including direct quotations.
- When you paraphrase, please always be sure to include an attribution (which can appear before or after the paraphrased material).
- If you include statistics, figures, or other facts, always include an embedded link to the original source in addition to linking to the source at the conclusion of your piece, unless otherwise specified in the guidelines.
As always, if you have questions about job guidelines or would like more information about referencing external sources, please email our support line-we'll get back to you ASAP!
For More Webinar Recaps, See Below:
AP Style Refresher
Stellar Openings and Flawless Flow
Industry and Specialty Applications
Ready to put your content into overdrive?
Introducing Scripted Cruise Control:
Content marketing strategy, content creation, account management, and analytics starting at $1499/mo.