Weekly Content Marketing Trends May 31st, 2022
Going into the second half of 2022, you might be wondering: "What content marketing trends are actually working?" It's a good question because just by the nature of what a trend is, it can be frustrating to discern what deserves your time and attention and what is just another flash in the pan in the world of content.
Here at Scripted, it's our business to monitor the world of content marketing so our team can help you design and implement a strategy that connects you with your ideal clients and increases your bottom line. This week, we're going to look at which trends are proving they're worth the hype so you can consider adopting them into your content marketing strategy. We'll also look at what you can probably skip for the rest of the year.
Here's to a strong second half of 2022!
Content Marketing Hack: Using Unused Content
There's plenty of information on repurposing content to get the most value out of it, but many marketers are sitting on a mountain of an untapped resource of already-created content that could easily be distributed as part of their content marketing strategy.
What's different about this already-created content? It never made the cut and is currently sitting somewhere on a shared drive. This content could be anything from a blog post that was forgotten in the wake of a new and urgent company initiative or a campaign that for some reason didn't get approved.
Why not rescue it from the depths of your shared drive and integrate it into your content marketing in the next few months? Here is some advice on how to do exactly that.
Content Marketing: What's Working So Far In 2022
As you invest more into your content marketing strategy, it's important to pay attention to which tactics are standing the test of time while getting clear on what authentically connects with your audience. You can discover more about what has been working so far for content marketing in 2022 here, but these are the highlights so you can get an idea of what's worth investing in from 2022 and beyond:
- Video Content: According to a Cisco study, 80% of all internet traffic is people viewing videos. If you're hesitant to jump on the video trend because you're worried about low-production quality, don't worry. Consumers are valuing authenticity over overproduction. The most important thing is that you start and grow your capabilities and strategy from there.
- Podcasts: Podcasts allow you to position your company as an authority while letting your audience connect with you through the medium. It's a powerful content marketing relationship-building tool.
- Infographics: Creating a visual experience to deliver value and information helps your audience get a quick idea of a larger concept.
- Better Content Experience: Your audience will look forward to your content if you take the time and care to personalize their content experience whenever possible and deliver quality and value.
- Interactive Content: Interactive content such as quizzes keeps your audience engaged while building an emotional connection to your brand.
- Unique, Empathetic, and Emotional Content: Consumers want to know that they are understood and seen. The veneer of perfection so ubiquitous in old-school marketing is no longer resonating with consumers. Acknowledging real life and making room for emotional connection is what will draw your audience in more.
Content Marketing: What's No Longer Working
Streamlining your content marketing strategy to channels and tactics that work requires knowing what doesn't work. There's a full breakdown in the same article linked above, but here are the highlights:
- Over-Publishing: If one were to listen to content "gurus" like Gary Vaynerchuk, it would be easy to think that every company should be publishing content all the time on all platforms. While under-publishing and being inconsistent is a huge no-no, publishing just for the sake of publishing will wreck your relationship with your audience - especially if you sacrifice quality for quantity.
- Publishing and Not Sharing: Until you've built a huge brand and content machine that's actively sought out by audiences, the idea that if you build it, they will come just doesn't apply. Promote your posts where appropriate to drive traffic.
- Creating Negative Content: Click-bait and outrage content is a cheap way to get eyes on your content and ultimately fails to foster a trusting relationship with your audience. (Remember: people buy from brands they know, like, and trust.)
- Publishing the Same Content on All Platforms: Not all platforms are created equal, and while it seems like you'd save time copying and pasting content across all platforms, you're doing yourself a disservice by not optimizing for each platform's unique qualities.
Content Marketing: Taking Action
There's no time like the present to go all-in on your content marketing program. Partnering with the professionals at Scripted will help you connect with an audience that's thrilled to know about you and your offers. Ready to get started? Sign up here and make the second half of 2022 amazing.
Published by Ciara Antolini on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 in Content, Trends, Weekly Trends, Content, Trends, Weekly Trends.