The Ultimate List to Outsourcing Your Content
Looking to outsource video, graphic design as well as content writing? These freelance marketplaces are the best in their industry. Great content should look easy; it should explain exciting ideas simply. However, regularly producing polished, easy-on-the-eyes content that drives clicks and conversions takes a massive amount of effort and expertise. Fortunately, every passing day brings more options for content-curious marketers to leave the hardest parts for professional freelancers. The following are the best platforms to find writers, graphic designers, videographers and content analytics expertise, to turn your great ideas into great content.
Hiring WritersIn addition to crafting blog posts, social media posts, white papers, ebooks and other usual suspects, writers also provide crucial support for all types of content, including video scripts and infographic copy. What to look for:
- Expertise. Does the service have a strong team of writers with expertise in your industry?
- Diverse article formats. Does it offer a variety of different article formats, like short and long blogs, social media posts or white papers?
- Polish. Do the writers deliver clean, clear copy, or is it rife with fluff and grammatical errors?
Content Writing ServicesTextbroker: This services brands itself as an international writer marketplace. Browse through profiles of thousands of writers based on their level of writing experience — represented by a star rating — and industry of expertise. Writers produce content ranging from articles to brochures.
- Pricing: Content starts at 1.3 cents per word for the lowest tier of writers, to 7.2 cents for the highest.
- Pricing: Scripted offers flat rates with a two tiered writer system. Blog posts start at $99, while the inclusion of specialized writers runs a little extra.
- Pricing: Pricing information has not been published.
- Pricing: Writer Access requires a minimum $50 deposit to start. Lowest tier writers cost 2 cents per word while the highest cost between 10 cents and to two dollars per word.
Make Your Content GraphicGraphic designers work behind the scenes to present your content in the most attractive and memorable light. See also: Canva: What Content Marketers Need to Know About Design [Interview] What to look for:
- Cohesive. Does your purchased art send a consistent, polished and professional visual message?
- Distinguished. Do the designers craft a look that makes your business look unique?
- Experience. Can the designer provide a portfolio of impressive work?
Freelance Web Design Marketplaces99 Designs: Similarly structured to content writing services, users pay a base fee for a predetermined amount of designs. Order anything from logos, landing pages, t-shirts or book covers from multi-level tiers of designers.
- Pricing: 99 Designs offers four packages, beginning with 30 designs from experienced designers for $299 to 60 “premium” designs for $1,199.
- Pricing: DesignCrowd offers a flexible pricing structure. Logo designs start at $240 to a high of $940. Orders vary by design type.
- Pricing: Pricing begins at $5 per job. Jobs can be as tiny as a single icon to as large as an entire webpage.
- Pricing: Free! Hubstaff Talent is a project of Hubstaff, a freelance time tracking software product, so they offer the directory of freelance workers totally pro bono.
Make Your Content Pop With VideoNo content creation strategy is complete without video. Whether you’re creating GIFs for Vine or Tumblr, developing video content for your YouTube channel or creating how-to videos for your products, professionally produced video will give you a distinct competitive advantage. See also: How Much Do Images, Videos and Infographics Boost Content Marketing ROI? What to look for:
- Necessary skills. Does the service offer or editing help, full production, from start to finish?
- Format. Will your users be able to watch on desktop and mobile?
- Sharability. Can your videos should be easily to shared over social media?
Freelance Video Content MarketplacesSmartShoot: This online videographer marketplace operates like many others on this list: post your needs and professional freelancers — photographers and videographers — bid to complete that job. SmartShoot also offers tools to communicate with your freelancers throughout the content creation process.
- Pricing: Freelancers dictate pricing, which varies greatly.
- Pricing: VideoPixie’s videographers set prices, which vary based on the level of editing and production necessary. Their guidelines price a full product explainer at $2,000 to $5,000, while purely editing-based jobs cost in the hundreds to the low thousands.
- Pricing: VeedMe’s pricing page suggests users pay either $2,500, $5,000 and $10,000 for a single video, based on the amount of production and quality and quantity of proposals desired.
Get Your Content Analyzed for YouContent performance analytics requires a level of insight often unrelated to skills necessary for content creation. This is why it’s best to look for analytics software that not only measures the right analytics, but clearly explains their meaning to users. Content analysis should show you when content works and when it fails. What to look for:
- Usability. How intuitive is the design?
- Goals. Is your priority clicks, conversions, search ranking or social media impressions? Pick a software that meets those needs.
- Depth. Do you need a wide range of analytics, or are you looking for something simple and stripped down?
Content AnalyticsSimpleReach: This platform allows users to measure social media and blog content through analytical tools. SimpleReach’s flagship feature is predictive analysis, which scores content based on its predicted performance across various digital channels. SimpleReach is also built for promotion, hosting a significant distribution network, which allows marketers to easily promote and publish their content.
- Pricing: No standard pricing listed.
- Pricing: Plans with Moz range from $99 a month to $599.
- Pricing: Plans start at $9 per month, with a one month free trial.