Content Marketing Institute’s 12th Annual Report
was recently released, ranking the top content marketers' goals as 1) generating brand awareness, 2) building credibility and trust, and 3) educating audiences. Explore the benefits of each in more detail and learn how to use them in your own marketing strategy.
Generating Brand Awareness
For newer brands, content marketing is a heavy awareness play and customer acquisition tool. Current trends suggest that video marketing
is one of the great ways to put out one’s brand as more and more people spend time on video hosting sites like YouTube and TikTok. Podcasts may also be an excellent packaging for your content as audiences of this type of media are more engaging and loyal. Plus, you can easily repurpose your content for written and video assets.
Among all the available methods, though, which would be the most important? According to CMI’s report
, the content marketing area which would be most significant this year would be the changes to SEO/search engine algorithms. Search Engine
Journal says by letting SEO guide you, content marketing can help your brand:
- Attract more followers on social media
- Generate social/referral traffic to your website
- Form strategic brand partnerships
- Improve the organic ranking of your website
- Earn high-authority backlinks to your site
- Improve customer retention over time
This means that as content marketers, it is essential to master the art of SEO. The marketplace has observably migrated online, so knowing how to direct traffic toward the content you produce should always be the goal.
Building Credibility and Trust
Here are some practical ways to make your content trustworthy and gain credibility with your audience:
- Cite credible sources
- Always put out polished content, free from typos and grammatical errors
- Send or post content consistently to your audience, whether that's monthly or weekly or even daily
- Be of service by anticipating your audience's needs and delivering useful answers
77% of B2B marketer
s say that utilizing educational content is a great method to nurture one's audience. By educating your readers, instead of just selling to them, you are giving them the opportunity to engage with your brand - and eventually purchase.
Create content that offers one or more of the following:
- Emphasizes your customers' needs, troubles, or concerns
- Offers useful information on the topic or adjacent topics
- Teaches your customers something new
- Provides stats/research/findings they wouldn't usually be able to access
- Provides expert insights on the topic
- Instructs them how to complete a task
- Finally, highlights your brand's benefits and solutions to those needs
Looking for content that can satisfy your goals?
Scripted offers top-quality content to help you generate brand awareness, build credibility and trust, and educate your target audiences. Start your 30-day trial
to experience it yourself today.