When it comes to a website content writer, what are the things organizations need to look for?
In the modern, crowded online marketplace, getting quality content for your website must be a top priority. High-quality website content packed with search terms that attract the type of customers you need is essential to keep growing and establish yourself in the crowd.
Here's why bringing on web content writers for your web content writing needs is so critical:
- They bring in the attention that your website needs. Search engine optimization is critical for the success of any online venture; content writing services provide you with keyword-rich content that attracts the attention of search engines, bringing in new viewers that can quickly become customers.
- They provide a degree of authority and professionalism to your website. Content from expert writers help position your website as a true industry leader, showing off to your customers (both current and potential) precisely what your products can do.
- They help save you plenty of valuable time. Coming up with the right content marketing strategy and actually creating content (from product descriptions to blog posts and social media) can take a huge chunk out of your workday. Isn't all that time better spent elsewhere? With professionals there to write content for you, you can get all that time back - and use it for tasks that help grow the business in other ways.
So, when you do sit down to look through marketing agencies and content writing services, what are the things you should look for in your new content writer's makeup? Here are thoughts from our experts:
1) Seek out someone with a wealth of experience in the subject you need
You can go out and hire any writer that offers their services on the web. However, if you have a niche service or a specialized industry - technology or engineering, for example - how can you be sure that they have the technical chops to know exactly what they're talking about? After all, what good is content writing for your website if it's utterly off the mark? That's not something that reflects well on your site. You need to find a website content writer with a robust sample size of good, professional writing clips for your specific industry or subject.
2) Look for someone with impeccable grammar and spelling skills
This should be the most obvious - and most fundamental - box to check when it comes to your website content writer. However, for a lot of people looking in the wrong places for website content, this is the place where they end up getting burned. Far too many pieces come in with poor spelling, poor grammar, poor sentence structure, and other grade-level errors that can frustrate to no end - and cause long, annoying delays in getting the content ready to publish. Your content marketing writer must boast top-tier skills in the fundamentals, like spelling and grammar.
3) Find someone who is open and communicative
The best website content writers do more than provide you with the "content that converts" for your website. A website content writer can serve as a member of your team - providing you with helpful suggestions for tangents, topics, and features that can help expand upon your original idea and take your content marketing to the next level. They should be so much more than a writer; they should have the marketing and teamwork experiences to back up their efforts, too.
4) Browse profiles for someone open to edits and suggestions
There's nothing worse than a marketing content writer that is stubborn or lets their ego impede the process of finalizing a project. After all, it's your content. You're paying for it. You've requested it. You are the customer - and you get the final say for what they create. When you're searching for a marketing content writer, it needs to be clear to them that the content should get finalized around your wishes - not the other way around. They could - and should - provide helpful suggestions for the content, spend time listening to your thoughts, and work closely with you for the process of creation. However, this is your project at the end of the day, and you run the ship.
5) Choose someone who knows the art of keyword-rich content
A lot of people can write well. A lot of people know how to put keywords into text. Very few people know how to merge the two. Integrating all the target keywords you need to attract future clients' attention into your text is a must for a website content writer - after all, that's the point of getting this content on your site! The art comes in the process - making the text compelling to read while integrating all of the needed keywords in the language.
How Scripted Can Help
So, where can you go to get the web content writers your site needs?
Try Scripted for all of your content marketing and website content writer needs. Here's what Scripted has to offer you:
- Writers with a wide range of experiences. Looking for a writer specific to your industry or your niche? From technology and engineering writers to sports and nutrition writers, Scripted's got it covered. Just search for the type of writer you're looking for on our comprehensive platform.
- Writers with top-notch grammar and spelling skills. Scripted's writers must pass a rigorous writing test before acceptance to our site; it's so strict that only 2% of submissions get accepted.
- Writers that know how to work with clients. You won't find any "disappearing acts" or uncommunicative personalities here; our expert pool of writers have the experience needed to work with you to get your content where it needs to be.
- Writers open to edits and revisions. After you receive the first draft of our work, you can accept it immediately or request revisions until you're completely satisfied. Not happy with it? All content is 100% guaranteed. If you don't love it, you don't pay for it.
- Writers that know how to bring in the keywords that matter. Scripted's writers are experts at creating content that is not only keyword-rich but also compelling to read.
Ready to get started with Scripted? Click here to find out more information.