Instagram Landing Page Template
Instagram remains a highly effective marketing tactic, helping businesses of all sizes grow their audience,
increase traffic to their site, and drive conversion rates.
Every Business Needs Great Content
Connect instantly with highly-vetted writers across 50+ industries. Manage your entire content production in one easy-to-use platform. Never worry about content again for your SMB.Get Started
A fully-supported, flexible content marketing solution for digital and creative marketing agencies. We will match you with highly-vetted writers to best support the content needs of each of your clients.Learn More
Large enterprise businesses in need of a turn-key content marketing solution. Add a dedicated, expert writing team from Scripted to research, produce, and publish premium content.Learn More
Producing consistent, quality content on your publishing or media site means managing a lot of moving parts including multiple deadlines, assignments, and payments for freelancers. Scripted can handle it all.Learn More
As of 2021, over one billion people use Instagram each month, with 81% of people using Instagram to research products and services. In fact, 50% of people have visited a website to make a purchase after seeing a product or service — and 130 million users tap on shopping posts each month.
The key takeaway here?
Whether you have been in business for years or are just starting out, you should be continuously updating your social media strategy. Things change, both in terms of your business and Instagram.
So, if you're wondering what the best tools are to create posts, how often you should post, how to create engaging Instagram stories, and the list goes on — you're in the right place!
Is Instagram Right for My Business?
While conducting marketing research, you may have noticed that some of your competitors have a strong presence on Instagram, while others have invested more heavily into other channels, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.
If you're wondering Instagram is right for your business, the answer here is, there is no easy answer.
Instagram is an excellent marketing tool, that is certain. However, it is not always best for all businesses.
Instagram users are looking for certain things. They crave beautiful, high-quality pictures, creativity, and videos that capture their attention. As a blogger, this may be right up your alley.
Perhaps one of the most important questions to ask yourself, other than whether your competitors are on Instagram, is if your customer target base is on Instagram?
Have you conducted market research? Have you developed buyer personas?
If you answered no, that is your first starting point. Without knowing who you are creating content for, you will waste time and resources, which could directly affect your bottom line and overall growth.
You can then look at the demographics of Instagram users. For example, as of July 2021:
- Nearly 16% of global active Instagram users are women between the age of 25 and 34 years
- Over half the global Instagram population is aged 34 years or younger
- Among teenagers, Instagram remains the third most popular social media network, behind Snapchat and TikTok
- In terms of location, the largest audiences on Instagram are in the United States, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and Russia
The key is to dive deeper into your target audience. For example, if you are targeting younger women as a clothing brand, Instagram offers plenty of opportunities to reach a large audience, presenting plenty of visually appealing images. However, if you are targeting older males as an accounting firm or body shop, another platform may be a better suit.
Getting Started - Creating an Effective Business Instagram Profile
As a business, you will want to take a different approach compared to an everyday user.
Considering there are currently over 200 million business accounts in which users visit daily, you need to stand out. Whether your goal is to open a shop from your profile, run fundraisers in your stories, or book reservations, Instagram can help make that happen.
It all starts with your Instagram profile. After you have downloaded the app, you'll want to switch a personal account to a business account in, following the step-by-step process. You can even select a category for your business and add any relevant contact information.
Next up, your bio.
If someone was interested enough to click on your profile, you need to grab their attention with a great hook. In 150 characters or less, you need to showcase who you are as a business and brand. Keep it short and sweet, include emojis to draw attention to important information, and include a call-to-action. Include a link that makes people want to click.
This link may be:
- Your website
- Your latest blog post
- A special offer
- A contest
- Or any other campaign that may be of interest to your current and prospective customers
Perhaps the most important thing... the content you publish on your Instagram feed.
Many users will look directly at your content, then if they're interested, they'll dive deeper into who you are and what you offer.
Remember, Instagram is all about visuals (although carefully crafted captions are also important). Think about who you are as a brand and what that means to your audience.
Check out Air France for example. It's obvious what they offer — airfare services. BUT, their Instagram is much more than that. They alternate between airline photos, destination photos, window seat views, and images that depict the travel lifestyle.
- Post once daily — most major brands post an average of 1.5 times each day. The key is consistency.
- Use a recognizable profile image, such as your logo.
- Use hashtags! Research shows that posts with over 11 hashtags tend to receive more engagement.
- Engage with your community — don't just sell to them. Instagram is a "social" platform, so interact with your followers.
How to Create Winning Instagram Posts
What makes a "good" Instagram post will largely depend on who you are as a brand and who is engaging with your profile.
For example, if you own and operate Airbnb cabins, you may benefit from posting user-submitted photos. Not only does this show you accommodations in a natural setting and make your customers feel like they're a true part of your community, but this approach is incredibly cost-effective.
You may gain access to creative, unique photos that cost you nothing. Of course, tag those who submit photos to you, giving them credit for their work.
Think about what your audience wants to see. Whether you own a restaurant, are a filmmaker, or carpenter, posts that show what you're up to behind the scenes can be incredibly effective when aiming to grow your followers.
From product teasers to Canva posts (which we'll get into shortly), the sky is the limit.
When Creating a Post, Remember These Suggestions...
Instagram allows for complete creativity, which is part of the fun of it. However, there are certain guidelines you should follow when it comes to your photos, length of your posts, font, etc.
- Instagram copy — There are often circumstances when an image needs a detailed description. Perhaps you are going through a transition and want to speak to your audience in a way that is thorough and transparent. However, most of the time, try to keep your posts within 125 characters or less. Short and concise captions often perform better than long rambling posts.
— You can use up to 30 a post, but that doesn't mean you have to. Some posts may benefit from more hashtags than others. Aim for between 7-12 hashtags per post.
- A quick search will turn up the most popular hashtags (#love, #instaggood, #photography), and while they're being viewed by many users, they're also being used by many users — in most cases, millions, if not billions of users. That means it's hard to break through all the noise, especially as a niche brand.
- When choosing hashtags, think about your industry and niche, as well as your location and community. Think about who you are trying to reach and create a list of hashtags based on that target market.
— Switching up your fonts is a great way to stand out and show your creativity. Different fonts can be used in your profile bio, in your caption, and within your post images (if you use a tool like Canva to create a post). You can use font generators like
— Instagram posts can be square, vertical, or landscape. However, the ideal size is
1080px by 1080px
at a 1:1 aspect ratio.
- For landscape posts, use an image that is 1080px by 566px.
- For vertical posts, use an image that is 1080px by 1350px, with a 4:5 aspect ratio.
How to Create Engaging Stories
Trying to increase your Instagram stories engagement?
Here are some suggestions.
- Actually tell a story , one that has a beginning and end. Give your audience a little bit of context so that they can appreciate what's going on in the images you upload. To do so, add captions or tell viewers to "keep sound on" — there are plenty of little Instagram GIFs for this message
- Use stickers! These will make your stories more interactive for your community. You can publish question stickers, asking your audience for their feedback on subjects x, y, and z. Ask them to reach out about a particular subject, what they want to see you develop next, or what their greatest struggles are. Poll stickers are another great way to get people involved in your business, allowing them to make certain choices.
- Prompt your audience to take action. For example, have a download available for new subscribers? Get your viewers to click a link or DM you to gain access.
The Best Tools and Instagram Templates to Use When Creating Posts and Stories
Canva is a great tool that provides ready-to-publish Instagram post templates, allowing you to create your own custom post or image. With Canva, you can design like a graphic design pro without having much experience. This tool is perfect for creating branded images, as well as Instagram stories
- Pros: Easy-to-use, comes with many creative features, gain access to pre-made templates, allows you to schedule your posts.
- Cons: There is less freedom than something like Photoshop (however, Photoshop does require some advanced skills), some templates are generic, the mobile app isn't the easiest to use.
Explore thousands of free templates from Canva, including Instagram post templates.
If you sell products online, Oberlo can help you connect your digital store with thousands of suppliers and manufacturers. This dropshipping app helps companies of all sizes source trending products. Oberlo will not only help you create better posts but build your brand on Instagram.
They released a course that will help you:
- Leverage the Instagram algorithm
- Build a strong Instagram brand
- Target your audience and conduct niche research
- Create fun, engaging campaigns
- Partner with Instagram influencers
- Use analytics to reach your weekly goals
The advantages of Oberlo include your ability to scale, its modern dashboard, and the fact that it simultaneously integrates with Shopify. However, since it is not compatible with other e-commerce stores, it's not ideal for everyone. Oberlo is also highly competitive in that it features a "bestsellers" category, making it hard for some businesses to stand out.
Interested in more free Instagram post templates? Here are 10 from Oberlo!
Buffer is another useful tool that will allow you to reach your audience with high-quality, consistent content. With Buffer, you can visually plan and schedule both posts and stories.
Check out the tools offered by Buffer:
There are many advantages to using Buffer, your ability to pre-schedule, organize your content, and post content without having to be online. However, to access all the features Buffer has to offer, you need the Pro version, which is expensive for small businesses.
Buffer has you covered with five amazing Instagram story templates.
How Scripted Can Help
Instagram is highly visual, but images often require a clever, well-written caption.
Whether you want to take your social media posts to the next level or are ready to outsource this task, Scripted offers a large pool of talented, expert writers. These writers have already gone through a vetting process, ensuring you have your pick of the best.
Investing in quality social media content will help you:
- Build customer loyalty
- Drive sales
- Improve your ranking
- Gain more followers
- Build authority
- Boost inbound traffic
- Increase brand awareness
- And more!
Ready to take the next step?
All you need to do is join Scripted, describe your content needs, hire a freelancer that and receive your first draft in a matter of days.
Get started with a 30-day free trial today!