Social media is a powerful tool that can generate traffic and interest in your payments site. However, it can also take time and resources if you don't know what you're doing. In this blog post, we will go over creating an effective social media strategy for your payments site.
What is a social media strategy, and why should you have one?
A social media content marketing strategy is a plan that outlines how you will use each of the major platforms to market your site. Social media marketing can be very time-consuming, so before diving in, it's essential to know precisely what kind of content you want to share and why you are sharing it. The first part should include an analysis of where your target audience spends their time online, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Once you have determined this, decide on what type of content would resonate with them best. Product recommendations? Industry news? Personal updates about yourself or team members?
Once you have answered these questions, the next step is creating interesting posts for each platform. Each platform requires different post styles depending on their users' preference, including length (tweets and Facebook posts), photo orientation (Instagram, Pinterest), and what types of images work best.
For example, on Twitter, it's essential to use hashtags, as this will increase the visibility of your post by making it easy for people interested in specific topics or keywords to find them. On Instagram, pictures should be in a vertical format with a square crop, filling the entire screen when viewed on mobile devices. And finally, YouTube videos can have a long-form style that doesn't necessarily need subtitles or voiceovers, just good visuals.
What are the benefits of social media for your payments site?
Social media is a great way to engage with your customers on a personal level. Customers tend to be more receptive when they know that the brand cares about them and social media allows you to provide this feeling without being pushy or intrusive. Here are just some of the benefits:
- Stay top of mind by sharing content explicitly related to your industry to resonate better within their community.
- Create a following who can help spread awareness about new products, offers, and updates in an organic manner
- Establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry, setting up future opportunities for press coverage and speaking engagements at conferences, etc.
Know your audience
Once you've established your social media content marketing strategy, it's essential to know who exactly is following you. Social media platforms are great for bringing in leads. Still, if they're not converted into paying customers, it will be a waste of time and resources that could have been spent on other channels or marketing efforts that would produce better results. There are two main things to consider when targeting potential buyers:
- Demographics (age, gender)
- Psychographics (interests, values)
While demographics can tell us where people spend their free time online, these change over time, so the more accurate indicator of buying behavior comes from user interests/values, which can provide insights like what type of content resonates best with them or likely they will engage with your brand on social media.
How can you measure your return on investment?
Social media is all about building relationships with potential customers. The best way to improve the chances of success is by measuring their engagement rate for each post type: how many likes, shares, and comments are generated from each one. This will give you insight into what kinds of posts resonate most, which you can use as a guide when creating future content. Tools like Buffer are also available, which allow you to automate specific tasks such as scheduling tweets. They go out at optimal times during the day while tracking stats/metrics to identify trends and optimize reach if needed.
Why is it essential to use the right channel for each type of content?
It's essential to use the right channel for each type of content to reach your target audience. For example, if you want someone interested in international money transfers, it would make more sense to share or promote a blog post on LinkedIn rather than Tiktok because that platform attracts professionals who are likely already looking at ways to send payments overseas. Twitter and Instagram users are younger when compared with their counterparts on LinkedIn. This might increase your chances of reaching people who have little experience sending cross-border transactions yet are interested in learning how it works.
Initial social media platforms to focus on
For social media platforms, there is a range of choices, each with its own unique advantages and disadvantages:
More than just job seekers looking for work, this professional networking site can be used as an effective way to reach professionals in specific industries. It's also possible to share videos, make polls or create groups to monetize your content by promoting them within the group pages, etc. The downside is that LinkedIn users tend not to engage nearly as much on these types of posts, so if you want better engagement, one of the other channels may be a better option.
The top tips for posting on Linkedin:
- Posting at the right time
- Use video posts to drive more engagement/likes
- Be sure to include a strong call-to-action on every post.
While Facebook has a younger demographic, Twitter still attracts many active users who will retweet your tweets, giving them more exposure. This platform is also ideal for sharing videos, polls, and infographics, which are popular with millennials.
Top types of content to post for your payment site on Twitter:
- News articles and news updates from the industry
- Infographics/Charts and graphs.
- Post images/videos which elicit an emotional response from users
- Use hashtags to increase the visibility of your content/tweets
This social media giant is one of the largest globally, with billions of active users every month, making it one of the best places to share your content if trying to reach people interested in online payments or sending money overseas.
Top types of posts for your payment site on Facebook:
- Use quotes, images, and videos to get engagement rates up
- Tag users in posts to get their attention (be careful not to do this too much, or Facebook will make your page less visible)
- Create polls that encourage engagement and sharing of content.
While Facebook and Twitter are good for sharing videos, this platform is the one to use to create shareable video content. YouTube has enormous traffic, so it's a great way to get your message seen by millions, even if they're not directly in your target audience.
Tips for posting on YouTube:
- Use exciting titles, so people are more likely to click on the link
- Create captivating thumbnails to get people's attention
- Use videos with a solid call to action, for example, asking users to subscribe to your channel or visit your website.
- Include subtitles and closed captions if you want more people from different countries/languages
Tying your content in with topical issues
It's essential to tie your content in with topical issues. For example, if you're writing about how to send money overseas, then tying this into a trending news story or recent world event is likely to gain more traction than just sharing the same information on its own. People are interested in current affairs, and it's essential to connect with them by adding your thoughts on the topic.
The importance of being responsive on social media
While it's important to have a cohesive social media content marketing strategy covering all the leading platforms, being responsive is also essential. If you're getting tagged in posts or asked questions about your product/service but aren't responding, this will show people how much time and effort you put into your business, impacting whether they take action based on what you post online.
Create a blog for your payment site
Creating a blog can be helpful for you to create content around your product/service. If people are interested in the blog posts about the topic, they'll be more likely to follow you on social media and may even share them with their friends. Hence, it's essential to put some effort into this part of your online marketing strategy if possible.
The importance of using keywords when writing blogs
It can also help SEO (search engine optimization) if you use relevant keywords throughout your blog posts which is another reason why having a well-written, informative post will pay off down the line. People who do an internet search for these specific words are much more likely to click through from search results pages onto your website or payment site since others have posted quality information-related topics. This is one of the best ways to increase traffic back to your site.
The benefits of creating a blog
- Creating an online presence
- Entirely within your control
- It's free
- It allows you to share more in-depth information about your business
- It can be used as a "hub" for all social media posts meaning that people who visit the blog are likely to follow on other platforms.
- Having a well written, informative post will help with SEO (search engine optimization)
Payment blog ideas
- How to send money overseas
- The best apps for sending money abroad
- Low or no fee methods for transferring international payments.
- How much does it cost to transfer $X into Euros using the x system vs. y system?
- Best online wallets/payment services
- How digital currency works
- A review of different types of cards
- Compare prepaid debit cards
- Tax implications when buying bitcoin
- How to choose a payment method for your site
- Alternative ways of accepting payments online
- The benefits of using a PayPal account on your website/payment site
Top reasons why some people prefer not-so-popular methods such as Skrill or Wise
- Why it's crucial to compare banking alternatives before deciding what's best for you
- How long does it take from the sign up until the money is available in recipient bank accounts etc.
There are many ways for your payment site to increase traffic, and social media is just one of them. We hope you found this article helpful, and that it gave you some ideas on how to approach your online marketing strategy. It's important to remember the most significant point when making content for social media is to focus on delivering value for your customer. Building relationships with people interested in your business is more likely to increase traffic than spamming out the same information on every social media site.
If you are looking to create a professional blog on your site, consider using Scripted. Our platform connects Payment sites with some of the best writers in the industry. Click here to learn more.