As the U.S. population ages, seniors and their adult children need to access services that keep their loved ones active and healthy. Consider that the cost of home care in the United States will reach $225 billion by 2024.
The rapid growth in the population’s age and cost of services will put a heavy burden on families. It will also create ample business opportunities.
What Are Senior Services Blogs?
Senior services blogs don’t necessarily have to connect seniors with the services they need. A blog could cover topics like:
- Recent medical studies that show how seniors can stay healthy and live longer lives.
- Trends in activities that seniors enjoy.
- How families deal with healthcare challenges like immobility and dementia.
- Strategies for making homes safer for seniors.
- Examples of seniors living great lives despite some challenges.
Your senior services blog can literally discuss how people can access services and how people can stay in good health so they lower the chance of needing services.
No matter what types of topics you cover, you face stiff competition from other senior services blogs. How can you increase organic traffic to your site? Start by reviewing the top 10 senior services websites to see how they attract visitors.
According to SimilarWeb, the following 10 websites are some of the world’s most popular destinations for people seeking senior services or looking to learn more about their service options. Many of these websites get millions of visitors, so it’s worth looking at them to learn their strategies.
Total visits: 2.45 million
Top organic keywords: relias learning, elnec, relias connect
Average visit duration: 13 minutes, 48 seconds
Pages per visit: 12.9
Bounce rate: 23.14%
Relias Learning develops software that clients can use in healthcare and rehab facilities. Companies use their products for a broad range of patients, including children and seniors.
Relias also maintains the Relias Impact Blog, where industry experts post about their experiences working with patients in a variety of contexts.
What You Can Learn From Reliaslearning.com
- A simple layout makes it easier for visitors to find posts that interest them.
- Blog posts written by experts engage the audience more and encourage people to view more pages.
- How to cover diverse topics related to your area of senior services to attract more visitors.
Popular Posts on Reliaslearning.com
Total visits: 1.52 million
Top organic keyword: matrixcare, matrix plum, matrix login
Average visit duration: 32 minutes, 22 seconds
Pages per visit: 48
Bounce rate: 10.8%
MatrixCare develops electronic health record software that helps caregivers share information about patients while adhering to HIPAA security standards. The company’s blog discusses software issues, but it also offers plenty of content about patient services.
Professionals in the senior services industry may also want to read this blog regularly.
What You Can Learn From Matrixcare.com
- How to show how technology improves patient outcomes.
- How to interview professionals to give readers expert insights.
- How to widen your audience to increase organic traffic.
Popular Posts on Matrixcare.com
Total visits: 2.13 million
Top organic keyword: clear care, clearcare, clearcareonline
Average visit duration: 11 minutes, 12 seconds
Pages per visit: 9.08
Bounce rate: 26.61%
ClearCare makes tech solutions that help companies hire professionals and track client health. It’s a software company, but it takes its role in healthcare and quality-of-life seriously.
What You Can Learn From Clearcareonline.com
- How to give readers actionable advice so they'll come back to your blog.
- How to choose topics that interest your target audience.
- How to organize blog posts in ways that visitors find intuitive.
Popular Posts on Clearcareonline.com
Total visits: 1.22 million
Top organic keyword: hearing aids, nursing homes nearby, best hearing aids
Average visit duration: 3 minutes, 55 seconds
Pages per visit: 2.64
Bounce rate: 59.77%
Caring.com helps people find senior living facilities that match their needs. It also offers assistance to service providers and family members.
What You Can Learn From Caring.com
- How you can make it easy for people to find services they need in their areas.
- How to offer advice for making senior services affordable.
- How to direct visitors to other resources.
Popular Posts on Caring.com
Total visits: 925,230
Top organic keyword: brightstar care, brightstar, bright star agency
Average visit duration: 6 minutes, 1 second
Pages per visit: 5.21
Bounce rate: 19.59%
BrightStar Care offers home care services and medical staffing solutions. It has a large presence in the industry, so it gets a lot of organic traffic from its name. It also invests in a blog that increases organic traffic.
What You Can Learn From Brightstarcare.com
- To update your content frequently so visitors know they always have something new to read.
- How to provide useful content that helps seniors and their family members communicate.
- How to consider your audience’s concerns.
Popular Posts on Brightstarcare.com
Total visits: 1.02 million
Top organic keyword: a place for mom, a place for mom senior living, how to sharp mind
Average visit duration: 1 minute, 14 seconds
Pages per visit: 1.98
Bounce rate: 64.09%
A Place for Mom is dedicated to helping families through every step of exploring and choosing senior living services. The website works with a national network of senior communities.
What You Can Learn From Aplaceformom.com
- How to encourage readers to subscribe so you can keep them up to date.
- How to tackle difficult topics that families with aging members struggle with.
- How to include CTAs (calls to action) frequently throughout your website and blog posts.
Popular Posts on Aplaceformom.com
Total visits: 1.04 million
Top organic keyword: medicaid trade stocks, what is a skilled nursing facility, how do you die from Alzheimer's
Average visit duration: 1 minute, 31 seconds
Pages per visit: 1.8
Bounce rate: 70.78%
AgingCare specializes in connecting people with in-home and assisted-living care throughout the U.S. The website also offers a lot of information about other topics, including elder law and paying for care. It’s a surprisingly useful website with actionable advice.
What You Can Learn From Agingcare.com
- How to find niche topics other blogs do not cover.
- How to link to high-authority websites that readers can use to take action.
- How to use a mixture of short and long posts.
Popular Posts on Agingcare.com
Total visits: 751,160
Top organic keyword: axis care login, axiscare login page, axis care amada
Average visit duration: 7 minutes, 8 seconds
Pages per visit: 5.06
Bounce rate: 49.27%
AxisCare develops home care software that simplifies billings, offers two-way chat, and generates custom reports. For the most part, it wants to connect with assisted living facilities and home caregivers that need software. Its blog has information that can benefit anyone with a senior family member.
What You Can Learn From Axiscare.com
- More than one audience might read your blog.
- How to include keywords in your blog post titles.
- How to use lists that visitors can read easily on mobile devices.
Popular Posts on Axiscare.com
Total visits: 587,770
Top organic keyword: axxess login, axxess login in, axxess.com login
Average visit duration: 5 minutes, 30 seconds
Pages per visit: 4.95
Bounce rate: 21.41%
Axxess is dedicated to helping seniors and healthcare professionals find each other. Ideally, seniors can stay in their homes and remain independent with a little help from locals with experience in home health.
What You Can Learn From Axxessweb.com
- How to use your blog to promote your products.
- How to use professional interviews to improve the quality of your posts.
- How to link to other posts on your blog so people will spend more time reading your content.
Popular Posts on Axxessweb.com
Total visits: 267.95 thousand
Top organic keyword: (not available)
Average visit duration: 50 minutes, 21 seconds
Pages per visit: 22.35
Bounce rate: 13.27%
Supplement Health Care helps organizations find reliable, trained staff members who can fill essential roles. The company connects professionals with institutions like behavioral health practices, hospitals, and home healthcare providers.
What You Can Learn from SHCCares
- How to highlight the achievements of individuals and how they contribute to the industry’s success.
- How to use a list of category tags to help readers find the content they want.
- How to stay active on social media to supplement increases in organic traffic.
Popular Posts on Supplemental Health Care
Increase Organic Traffic With Help From Scripted
To boost engagement with your senior services blog, you need optimized content written by industry experts. Scripted can help you find the right team of writers to improve your blog’s visibility and become more competitive.
Start your process by reviewing the profiles of vetted senior services writers. Information about each person includes:
- How long they’ve been on the platform
- Their reliability score
- Ratings from other clients
- Writing samples
Scripted has already done the hard work by finding professional writers with experience in senior services. Now, you just need to choose a writer with the right knowledge and writing style and watch organic traffic increase.