Synopsis: You only get one chance to capture the memories on your wedding day. Therefore, it's so important to avoid these mistakes so you preserve the beauty of your day.
Planning a wedding can be stressful and we're all bound to make mistakes. However, be careful because a few too many mistakes will stand out in the bigger picture, especially when it comes to your wedding photography because so many can go awry the day of the wedding.
How to Avoid the Most Common Wedding Photography Mistakes
· Waiting too long to book your photographer. Aim to hire your wedding photographer at least a year in advance because they book up fast, especially if it's busy wedding season. Otherwise, you might end up with an amateur photographer, and you don't want that. Instead, begin interviewing some of the more photographers. In fact, some of the wedding photography in Melbourne by Scott Morton.
· Not discussing your schedule with your photographer-While it's admirable that your wedding timeline is planned out weeks in advance, you need to be flexible with it and discuss certain aspects of it with your photographer. Taking photos near dusk provides lots of natural, glowy light, but if you try that midday on a sunny day, it'll be too bright so you need to plan accordingly for your outdoor photos.
· Allowing your family or friends to get in the way. Every wedding has a few well-intentioned family members who want to follow the photographer and the action and take their, "unoffical" wedding photos. However, they almost always get in the way and their flash may ruin some important shot, so kindly tell your guests to stay out of the way of the professionals.
· Forgetting to get assistance organizing people for pictures. If you don't have a wedding coordinator, this is where your close friends could be useful as they probably know everyone needed in the pertinent pictures and can round them up when needed.
· Rushing through the shots-We know you want as many pictures as possible to capture your wedding day, but it's an experienced photographer's job to know how to do time management and make sure that you get all the shots you need at each location, without mincing quality.
· Skipping the "First Look," because you were brought up that tradition matters most and couples shouldn't see each other before the wedding. However, wedding photographers find it so romantic to capture the first look of awe and love that grooms often have as they see their bride for the very first time. This allows couples some private time, and you don't have to rush through the photos between the ceremony and the reception. Contact us if you've decided to try a Meet the Bride shoot with Scott Morton.
The majority of wedding photography mistakes happen because of misunderstandings in communication. Try to hire a photographer that you feel at ease with and whose style meshes with yours and these problems are less likely.
Subscribe for the latest in Content Marketing & Freelance Writing!
While you're here, have you tried Scripted lately?
Used to be a member, but moved on? Heard of it, but never signed up? The current iteration of Scripted will amaze you! Streamline your content writing efforts and build your own team of high-quality writers. It's all you need for content writing. Try it free today and meet your next favorite writer or writers!
Scripted’s talented community of freelance writers have a variety of expertise and specialties. While many of our customers hire writers to execute their content marketing strategy, our writers deliver high-quality content in many formats. You can find content writers, blog writers, ghostwriters, and SEO writers all with experience in your niche.