This year's new superfood surprised many, but Cauliflower is actually an incredibly healthy versatile vegetable. It seems like every year there's a new superfood. This year is no different, and, to the surprise of some people, cauliflower has made a big entrance on the superfood scene. Not only is cauliflower extremely healthy; there is also a surprising number of ways to prepare it.
Why Choose Cauliflower?
- Cauliflower is a cancer-preventing vegetable. Studies have linked cauliflower to the prevention of bladder, chest, colon, prostate and ovarian cancer.
- Cauliflower is also an excellent source of vitamin C and an outstanding antioxidant.
- In addition, cauliflower also provides anti-inflammatory benefits, is plentiful in vitamins and minerals and boosts your brain health.
How to Prepare Cauliflower:
- Remove the outer leaves and cut the head of cauliflower in half and then in quarters.
- Cut the florets from the central stem. The florets will fall apart and form large florets.
- Cut or break the florets into smaller sizes based on your preference.
- After washing the cauliflower florets, you are ready to start cooking.
Try These Awesome Cauliflower Recipes:
1. Cauliflower Tots
This recipe is ideal for a quick and healthy snack. Chopped and cooked cauliflower is mixed with egg, onion, parsley, cheese and bread crumbs; then it's shaped into tot-like bits and baked. Tastes great with spicy dips.
2. Everything Bagel Cauliflower Rolls
Here's the wonderful, healthy alternative to bread. Cauliflower, almond flour, coconut flour and eggs are blended together and baked in an oven. The rolls can be topped with sesame seeds for added flavor.
3. Cauliflower-Crust Pizza with Zucchini, Corn and Goat Cheese
This healthy substitute to the always-popular pizza is full of fresh flavors. Fresh zucchini, corn, basil and goat cheese combine to make this cauliflower-crust pizza a winner. It's great for a lazy afternoon meal.
4. Sweet Cauliflower Vanilla Ice Cream
Yes, you can make ice cream with mashed cauliflower. Using cauliflower, egg yolks, vanilla, sugar and cream, you can make a sweet, cauliflower-infused vanilla ice cream that the kids, and adults, will love.
5. Chocolate Cauliflower Shake
Mix cauliflower, avocado, dates, cacao powder, almond milk, vanilla extract and sweetener together. Place into your blender, blend until creamy and enjoy. Here's a nice way to get the kids to eat their veggies. Healthy meals do not have to be dull or lacking in taste. There are some great recipes available that can make healthy meals the favorite in your home. Cauliflower is a super healthy and versatile vegetable that ought to make a regular appearance on your plate.
To Read More About Food and Dining, See Below:
Subscribe for the latest in Content Marketing & Freelance Writing!
While you're here, have you tried Scripted lately?
Used to be a member, but moved on? Heard of it, but never signed up? The current iteration of Scripted will amaze you! Streamline your content writing efforts and build your own team of high-quality writers. It's all you need for content writing. Try it free today and meet your next favorite writer or writers!
Scripted’s talented community of freelance writers have a variety of expertise and specialties. While many of our customers hire writers to execute their content marketing strategy, our writers deliver high-quality content in many formats. You can find content writers, blog writers, ghostwriters, and SEO writers all with experience in your niche.