Content remains a powerful marketing tool as we cruise through the first week of June. It's a great time to plan for some effective summer-themed content that will capture the heart of your vacationing audience.
The temperature is rising, and many readers seek a cool, shaded spot away from the relentless heat as they scroll through the web, possibly sipping on lemonade. Now's your chance to prepare some engaging content that caters to the relaxed reader's mind — it's all about hitting that summer vibe.
As always, Scripted has scoured the world wide web for the latest content marketing trends so you can focus on creating quality engagements with your audiences, regardless of how hot it gets outside. We'll look at how the informational needs of your audience continue to take center stage and how diversified content could be a real game-changer in the grander scale of things.
Prioritizing Reader Interest Through SEO Writing
Diversifying Content According to Audience Learning Preference
Ramping up Your Summer Engagements
Maintain SEO Best Practices That Attract Reader Interest
You have probably heard of the importance of SEO in written content. But did you know that besides improving your web page rank, these ubiquitous strategies also cater to your reader's interest? In truth, SEO writing by a trusted professional will provide the best outcome in terms of SEO formatting and appeal to your target audience.
Ultimately, you want to attract and retain the attention of your preferred audience, and SEO will help you take the big first step by improving the searchability of your content. SEO writing components like meta descriptions, headers, and tags will remain a priority as we welcome a wave of summer content in the upcoming weeks.
Fulfilling a mix of evergreen (e.g., sales) and trending keywords (e.g., summer vibes) could help you improve your content performance in the competitive months ahead.
Diversify Your Content for Improved Responses
Every reader has a preferred method of acquiring information, and a diversified approach to content writing could help you cater to a broader audience. It's similar to following the "don't put all your eggs in one basket" adage.
Rather than confining your content strategy to blogs, you might consider other engagement channels like email marketing or social media posts. Here are some audience considerations when planning your next content campaign:
- How can you cater to readers who prefer convenient mobile-friendly content?
- What visuals can you apply to spruce up and break up the monotony across walls of text? According to research, around 65% of the world's population are visual learners.
- Can you apply the element of storytelling that engages audiences with the support of audio and video elements?
- Rather than abandoning one content style for another, how can you combine them for optimal audience engagement? You may consider experimenting with a mash-up of visuals, audio, and text content strategies to monitor the best response.
Both long and short-form content will stay relevant depending on your reader's level of interest and content awareness. While adopting a diversified content marketing strategy is advantageous, blogging remains a top draw.
A well-written blog showcases your in-depth capabilities and thought leadership, and pairing it with optimized SEO practices can help you reach any audience with the right formula.
Maximize Engagement with a Summer Theme
Themed content will help you connect with the current mood of your audience and potentially increase engagement. For example, the use of thematic summer words could effectively grab the attention of a reader planning a vacation to the Maldives.
Seasonal content is a powerful tool that can help draw extra traction during high traffic months. While the relevance of the pieces may seem fleeting, lasting mere weeks or months, compared to evergreen write-ups, they could significantly boost your content marketing performance. We discovered four focal points to help optimize seasonal content marketing for your summer campaigns.
Summer content marketing might leverage:
- Thematic Days throughout Summer — The Summer months bring diverse celebrations on top of major events, including Left Hander's day and National Tequila Day. It might help to take a peek at the calendar for inspiration on planning fun and quirky written content for your summer crowd.
- Summer Wellness — Warm weather and clear skies call for various outdoor and leisure activities. Wellness and health-related content can help strike a chord with your audience regardless of the nature of your business. General tips and tricks on staying healthy and active in the summer could make your content a big hit.
- Travel and Vacation — You could improve audience engagement by alluding to the fun and relaxation of summer travel and holidays. Leveraging the positive mood could enhance your content CTAs, perhaps more so if paired with helpful travel hack content.
- Back-to-school — Parents may rush to do summer back-to-school shopping for their kids. As such, carefully managed advocacy marketing programs can help you provide an organic boost to back-to-school posts.
Summer Content Marketing Done Right
The professional writers at Scripted will provide you with high-performing summer content marketing write-ups while you enjoy your soda at the poolside. Start your 30-day trial with Scripted to collaborate with a top wordsmith today!