The vast majority of Americans belong to a religion or spiritual practice. According to the Pew Research Center:
- 25.4% of Americans identify as Evangelical Protestants.
- 20.8% identify as Catholic.
- 14.7% identify as Mainline Protestant.
Only 22.8% of Americans say that they are unaffiliated with any religion; they typically identify as atheists or agnostics.
The large percentage of religious and spiritual people in the U.S. and worldwide has contributed to the success of blogs that cater to believers.
What Are Religion and Spirituality Blogs?
Religion and spirituality blogs can cover diverse topics. People who describe themselves as “religious or spiritual” often have conflicting ideas about how they should live. This creates ample opportunities for websites to thrive even though they have different views.
Some common topics you might find on a religion or spirituality blog include:
- How to start and maintain a meditation practice.
- Interpretations of religious texts.
- Core tenets of a religion.
- What religious texts say about current events.
- Religious locations travelers can visit during a vacation or pilgrimage.
- Ways to support communities.
- Finding mates and raising children.
Since religion and spirituality occupy a central part of so many lives, websites can cover practically any topic as long as they frame it within a set of beliefs.
The Top 10 Religion and Spirituality Websites by Traffic
The following list of religion and spirituality websites comes from information gathered by SimilarWeb. They represent 10 of the most important written primarily in English.
In addition to explanations of what makes these websites popular, you will find tips that should help you increase organic traffic to your blog.
Total visits: 208.19 million
Top organic keywords: jw.org, jw, jw stream
Average visit duration: 8 minutes, 17 seconds
Pages per visit: 7.92
Bounce rate: 27.33%
JW.org is a website about the teachings of Jesus Christ from the perspective of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The site offers a library where visitors can access religious texts, books, magazines, videos, music, and other media. It also has a Bible Teachings section that answers Bible questions, links to Bible study tools, and organizes content by the audience’s age.
What You Can Learn From JW.org
- Good homepage design can keep visitors on your website longer.
- Divide your posts into categories visitors can browse easily.
- Offer a mixture of media options, including videos and articles.
Popular Posts From JW.org
Why Pray in Jesus’ Name
A Mathematician Explains His Faith
Did God Create the Earth in Just Six 24-Hour Days, as Some Creationists Claim?
Total visits: 76.09 million
Top organic keywords: bible gateway, bibegateway, bible
Average visit duration: 4 minutes, 26 seconds
Pages per visit: 2.66
Bounce rate: 54.65%
Biblegateway.com mostly provides Bible quotes with short explanations that help lay readers understand their meanings. It also has study tools and an extensive blog that answers questions about the Bible.
What You Can Learn From Biblegateway.com
- Encourage visitors to subscribe so you can maintain contact.
- Use responsive design so people can access content from any device.
- Build a community that readers trust.
Popular Posts From Biblegateway.com
Total visits: 50.79 million
Top organic keywords: bible, youversion, the bible
Average visit duration: 1 minute, 57 seconds
Pages per visit: 2.23
Bounce rate: 56.36%
Bible.com creates free reading plans for subscribers. It has hundreds of plans that apply to practically any struggle and period of life.
What You Can Learn From Bible.com
- Turn your visitors into a community so they will visit regularly.
- Give readers some pieces of text instead of overwhelming them with large chunks.
- Know what attracts your audience and create content around their needs.
Popular Posts From Bible.com
Total visits: 27.87 minutes
Top organic keywords: lds, church of jesus christ, lds.org
Average visit duration: 11 minutes, 14 seconds
Pages per visit: 7.66
Bounce rate: 39.05%
Churchofjesuschrist.org is the official website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The site includes a lot of content, but doesn’t offer a traditional blog. Instead, it has a series of features that explain the church’s beliefs and how members put their beliefs into action.
What You Can Learn From Churchofjesuschrist.org
- Provide quick links on your homepage to help visitors find popular content.
- Include video and audio content as well as text.
- Make social media a dominant part of your website and outreach.
Popular Posts From Churchofjesuschrist.org
Total visits: 20 million
Top organic keywords: bible hub, biblehub, online bible
Average visit duration: 3 minutes, 26 seconds
Pages per visit: 2.7
Bounce rate: 63.56%
Bible Hub gives visitors an incredible amount of content that doesn’t force them into specific interpretations. The site offers numerous versions of religious texts, including some written in Hebrew and Greek so readers can find original texts instead of English versions.
What You Can Learn From Biblehub.com
- Give visitors more than they know they need.
- Build an app that lets visitors access your content without going to the website.
- Provide audio and multilingual content to attract more visitors.
Popular Posts From Biblehub.com
Total visits: 13.85 million
Top organic keywords: astrology, yes no tarot, daily horoscope
Average visit duration: 2 minutes, 42 seconds
Pages per visit: 3.14
Bounce rate: 48.10%
Astrology.com publishes diverse content to attract serious followers and curious visitors. Readers will find daily horoscopes, posts about relationship compatibility, and encouragements to become premium members or purchase items from the site.
What You Can Learn From Astrology.com
- Encourage visitors to join your newsletter so you can stay in contact.
- Add interactive experiences that will make curious visitors spend more time on your site.
- Offer premiums content to earn extra money from your blog.
Popular Posts From Astrology.com
Total visits: 17.97 million
Top organic keywords: اسلام ويب , islamweb, islam web
Average visit duration: 2 minutes, 5 seconds
Pages per visit: 1.8
Bounce rate: 63.11%
Islamweb.net is the largest Muslim website with content written in English, French, German, and Spanish, making it an excellent destination for people who grew up outside of Muslim households.
The site also offers a lot of information for people who do not follow Islam. By approaching the religion from several perspectives, Islamweb.net can reach a lot of visitors interested in learning more about Muslim beliefs.
What You Can Learn From Islamweb.net
- Reach untapped audiences by offering content in multiple languages.
- Provide multimedia experiences.
- Put your best, most popular content on your homepage.
Popular Posts From Islamweb.net
Total visits: 9.78 million
Top organic keywords: astrodienst, astro, astro.com
Average visit duration: 7 minutes, 23 seconds
Pages per visit: 7.12
Bounce rate: 30.43%
Astro.com offers everything you could want to know about astrology and horoscopes. The blog has posts that cover news, career opportunities, and just about anything else you could imagine.
What You Can Learn From Astro.com
- Provide easily accessible content, but place some posts behind a wall that encourages readers to subscribe.
- Use your blog to promote items for sale.
- Update content frequently to keep visitors interested.
Popular Posts From Astro.com
Total visits: 10.85 million
Top organic keywords: birth chart, natal chart, cafe astrology
Average visit duration: 3 minutes, 8 seconds
Pages per visit: 2.53
Bounce rate: 54.35%
Cafe Astrology typically caters to beginners who want to learn more about astrology and related topics. It also has a store where visitors can purchase individualized, in-depth reports.
What You Can Learn From Cafeastrology.com
- Don’t assume that your audience knows much about the topics you cover.
- Provide a sitemap that makes it easy for visitors to find the content they want.
- Build on your reputation to sell items through your website.
Popular Posts From Cafeastrology.com
Total visits: 11.13 million
Top organic keywords: verse of the day, bible verses, bible
Average visit duration: 2 minutes
Pages per visit: 1.86
Bounce rate: 71.46%
Bible Study Tools is a straightforward site that gives visitors Bible passages, topics, commentaries, and reading guides. Most people seem to use it for the daily Bible verses, but it provides offer information, too.
What You Can Learn From Biblestudytools.com
- A simple layout makes it easy for visitors to find the content they want.
- Focusing on one popular feature can help you build an audience.
- Daily updates will attract visitors.
Popular Posts From Biblestudytools.com
Increase Organic Traffic to Your Website With Help From Scripted
You need an effective strategy to increase organic traffic to your website before you can compete with the top religion and spirituality blogs. Scripted can help you find writers with experience researching keywords, mimicking brand voices, and creating content that appeals to diverse readers.
Explore Scripted’s religion and spirituality writers to find the right professionals for your website. You can view writer profiles, customer reviews, reliability scores, and writing samples to choose the perfect writers to increase organic traffic to your site.