Couldn’t attend our first Editor webinar? Here’s what we covered.
As requested by many of our editors, we recently hosted a Editor Refresher Course webinar covering several common editing issues and questions.
If you were unable to join us for the webinar, we suggest checking out the recording here, where you’ll find information on style guides, common grammar issues and proper editing workflow, as well as answers to the following questions:
- What style guide should I use for each job?
- Should there be a comma or a hyphen in that sentence?
- What point of view should this piece have?
- Does this title go in quotes or italics?
- What is considered “fluff?”
- Is this piece written in the correct tone?
If you have any other questions concerning our editor expectations or your duties, don’t forget that we have an Editor Handbook that provides a comprehensive look into an editor’s responsibilities. For any general writing questions, check out our recently updated and expanded Writer FAQ.
As always, if you have any suggestions, please send them to email@example.com – your input is important to us as we continue to improve your Scripted experience.