Here’s why proper grammar, enticing photos and your first sentence are key when building a Google+ community.
Google+ is continually growing; it would be foolish for any business owner to skip marketing on this social media channel. According to Social Media Today, the social media platform has over 359 million users and we only to expect this to increase in 2014. In order to take advantage of what Google+ has to offer though, you must spend the time learning how to properly use it.
Leverage the Power of Circles
- Google+ automatically sets up a few circles for you such as friends, family and co-workers. You can also create your own circles (and delete the ones Google provides you with to start).
- Whenever you add a new contact, you can specify the circles you are adding him or her to. Make sure to add each contact to a circle that’s most relevant to him or her.
- When you post, specify which circles to post to. People outside the specified circles cannot see the post, so choose carefully. If you post only to circles that are extremely interested in each post, your audience will always see you as relevant and you will never annoy anyone by posting something he or she doesn’t care about.
Take Advantage of the Google+ Image Capabilities
- G+ offers large, high-resolution images that can quickly capture a user’s attention.
- When utilized correctly, your business page’s cover photo can demonstrate professionalism and increase your SEO on Google.
- People are more likely to comment on and share photos.
See also: Why You Can’t Stop Writing for Google
Rules for Quality Engagement
• Always respond to comments and questions within 48 hours — sooner if the commenter is complaining about some aspect of your business.
• Set up a business page. Having a fully developed business profile allows you to interact with potential customers, provide links you want to drive traffic to and do a variety of things that increase your SEO. Make sure you complete your business profile–don’t just provide links to your business or “stuff” your page with excessive amounts of keywords.
• Thank people who share your content.
See also: How to Use Twitter for Customer Service
• Write a headline for every post and follow it up with a strong opening sentence. Google+ displays only the first three lines of new posts in users’ feeds, so these items are vital to grabbing reader attention.
• Use proper spelling and grammar in every post in order to demonstrate your professionalism.